Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to exclude one visual from page filters?

Hi all, 

I have a report that has several charts for teams, individuals and what they have spent on a specific cost type.  One chart gives us an average for each team, dependant upon how many people belong to that team.  This loses all sense if you select one person for the page filter.   

For example, I can select the Sales team, which has 5 members and has spent a total of £1000, that gives me an average of £200 per team.  However if I select Mark, within that team, he has spent £400 but the chart has his highlighted average as £80 (£400/5 team members).  

I need to either get the divider to realise it's now a team of 1 or, more realistically, prevent that chart from being filtered beyond the team level.  Other charts and lists on the report usefully breakdown what has been spent by each person and how that looks in proportion both to the rest of that team and all other teams.  That's totally useful and the team average is useful in all aspects except this one flaw. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
autodafe
Resolver I
Resolver I

Have a look at the "Edit Intercation" function

Select the "People" slicer, click "Edit Interaction" and set the "Team" chart not to be filtered (Interaction=none)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schaema3
Advocate III
Advocate III

The "edit interation" function only works if you're using a slicer instead of a filter. It won't work with a page level filter. It could be nice to have this function also available on filters not only on slicers especially if your report page is already loaded with multiple visuals. The approved solution is only a workaround.

autodafe
Resolver I
Resolver I

Have a look at the "Edit Intercation" function

Select the "People" slicer, click "Edit Interaction" and set the "Team" chart not to be filtered (Interaction=none)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple!! Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.