Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to exclude certain row values in dax measure?

Hi,

I need to make a measure that includes all rows in a specific column except 2 specific rows or names.

formula:

LTD Revenue Index vs Budget = CALCULATE(DIVIDE([LTD Rev. Acc. without blanks],[LTD Budget without blanks],BLANK())*100,

this below dont work:
ALLEXCEPT('Append table','Append table'[Country]="Canada", "Brazil"))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TestMeasure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Sales Actual]), Table1[Country] <> "Canada" , Table1[Country] <> "Brazil")

is one way to do it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please share some data

Regards

Affan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table1  
CountrySales ActualSales Budget
Denmark150154
Canada13983
USA200165
Brazil3040
France8090

Could be something like this.

Then if i sum this i get 599 in sales actual and sales budget 532

but if i want to sum this in a measure while filtering out Brazil and Canada, how can i do this?

it has to be in a dax measure and not using the report, page or visual filter pane.

Sales Actual = Calculate(sum(table1,Sales Actual), FILTER.... exclude Brazil and Canada....

TestMeasure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Sales Actual]), Table1[Country] <> "Canada" , Table1[Country] <> "Brazil")

is one way to do it.

I'm trying to do the same thing. I don't have to sum, I just neeed to exclude 2 values without using the sum function. What would be the syntax for that? @HotChilli 

All DAX measures have an aggregation of some type e.g. SUM, MIN

If you are just trying to restrict table entries in a visual you can probably use the filter pane or a slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.