Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to establish conversation history in emails on MS Exchange

Hi,

I need help to find / establish conversation history from emails on MS Exchange.

For example
Person A "sends" email to Person B on 25th Jan on "Ticket A"
Person B "replies" to Person A on 26th Jan on "Ticket A"
These two emails are related and need to be grouped together as a conversation as in MS Outlook.

How can we accomplish the same in Power BI?
I need to find the duration taken for resolving tickets by calculating difference in time.

Any help in this regard will do be off great help

Thanks,
Mannu
6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Have you imported all the data using Exchange connector in Power BI Desktop? If you have all the data of different persons, you can create measures/columns to calculate the duration.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Lydia @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for the response Lydia.

Yes. We already have the data as it is in import mode.

However, the problem here is, I m unable to find a way to find related emails.

While I do understand, that there might be anamolies (like user changing subject line..etc) is there a way we can still determine related emails for most of the cases?

We could be seeing several emails from same person. So it would not be easy to infer only on the basis of sender and recepient.

For example consider the following steps:

1. User logs a support ticket by composing an email to support desk.

2. One of the support executives respond to the email asking for more details.

3. User replies back in a day or two

4. Support executive replies to this email and provides the solution and sends an email asking for cofirmation.

5. User confirms and closes the ticket. [ Total time = time since step 1 till closure of ticket]

The same user meanwhile, can log another support desk and the above steps would be followed.

We therefore need to track the related emails (conversation history) in order to determine the period.

I m keen to know how this is being achieved in MS outlook as this is exactly what we require. Trace the conversation history, in order to infer/ calculate total difference in time.

Is there a field that would help me identify/ group related emails?

Thanks,

Mannu

I'm trying to achieve the exact same thing to determine whether teams are meeting their Service Level Argeements . Did you get an answer or find a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DanS

I didn't explore the solution as the requirements changed.

However, I found a ConversationIndex and ConversationTopic on expanding the "Attributes"  Object.

Hope this helps.

If this works let me know 🙂

Thanks @Anonymous

I suspect you're right and there is a way to use the index to track recognition of an email/SLAs but I just need top find out how haha

Thanks again 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does anyone havea solution for this problem?   Looking at conversation ID I still have not quite gotten to a good solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.