Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pluto556
Frequent Visitor

How to ensure that all the slicers on the same page have the same input

Hi ,

I have three slicers on a page that is used as a comparison view. There is one slicer for each comparison and I've got three categories so there are three slicers. The input to these three slicers should be the same but each slicer is filtering the data differently. The slicers are 30, 60, 90 day predictions and the range of the slicer is probability between 0 and 1. Theortically, a user would like to compare the same probability arcoss the 30, 60, 90 day predictions. Is there any way where I can just use a something that would take the user input like a variable and apply it to the three slicers instead of manually typing the same probability three times? 

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@pluto556 - You could use a What If parameter but not sure if you could program the slicers to do anything with it, maybe creating a measure that sets some filters on what to include in each slicer, like:

It's hard to be specific though without sample data and expected output and how your data model is laid out.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pluto556 , I did not get it completely. What if parameter is the way to take user input.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-what-if

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.