Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

siva_kiran
Employee
Employee

How to embed excel from Sharepoint in HTM Viewer control

Hi 

I have an excel on the sharepoint website and i would like to provide a preview of it (Embed that excel) in the power bi report. so i choose to take the approach of using iframe in the HTML Viewer control. below are the steps i took.

1. Navigate to the excel on sharepoint, open the file, click file --> share --> embed --> copy the iframe tags from Embed Source code.

<iframe width="402" height="346" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://abc.sharepoint.com/x/y/z/15/Doc.aspx?sourcedoc={<some GUID of file..masked here>}&action=embedview&wdAllowInteractivity=False&wdHideGridlines=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True&wdInConfigurator=True"></iframe>

2. I created a sample html file and included it under html tags. Browsed the html file and it shows flawless

3. Now i created a custome filed with this iframe tag in power bi report.

4. Assigned the new filed to the HTML Viewer control.

5.Published the file to my workspace.

6. Nothing loads up in the html viewer control...I expect that the excel file to be embeded in it.

Below is the rawHTML from HTMLViewer control

siva_kiran_0-1643403750392.png

Did anyone have luck in solving similar problem

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

please refer to this documentation on limitations.  Most likely CORS.

CORS & Other Known Limitations | HTML Content - Custom Visual for Power BI (html-content.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.