Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

How to embed a published Power BI report into Business Central

Looking for details on how a new Published Power BI report can be embedded into Dynamics 365 Business Central. Is this done by development only or can a Business Central user do this from the front end.

Note that this is not asking how to show shared reports from the Users Power BI workspace (As done by just selecting the report in the Power BI space), this question is a on how published report can be embedded so that can be viewed by all users logging into Business Central without needing to share it within Power BI workspaces.

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Syndicate_Admin 

Thanks for the sharing.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi John,

it happens that I also had this question earlier and came across your post.

Just to clarify I will paste below the answer and the source: admin powerbi

"You need a Power BI Pro license to install the Business Central app in Power BI

Power BI apps can only be installed by users that have a Power BI Pro license. Once the Power BI app is installed, you can share it with users that do not have a Power BI Pro license."

All the best!

Cheers,

Robert

The link above changed contents, therefore text pasted previously is no longer valid.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Stefano. However this process I know and relates to my earlier question around needing a Power BI pro license to be able to share a report. So am I right to assume that to have other users view a shared report in BC then each user will need to be license for Power BI Pro and the Free license will not suffice, as there is no way to embed a published report for others to view without the need to have it shared on each users Power BI Workspaces.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

To embed Power Bi reports in D365BC, steps are the following:

1) create the report in Power BI connected to D365bc data

2) Publish the report o your Power BI Service workspace

3) In Business Central, when you go to a Power BI section and click on Select Report you can see all your reports published in your workspace.

You cannot directly embed an offline Power BI report (.pbix file).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.