Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KL718
Frequent Visitor

How to edit New Table in edit query

I have table with (30K ROws, 30 Columns). I need 3 columns & all rows. I used New Table option with summarize option. Now I cannot edit it iin edit query.

What is the workaround. 

Current Data

Name  Code

X          [123,234]

r           [32,34]

If I used original table I can go into edit query & use split option, replace option & then unpivot to get below result. But If I create NEW table it does not allow to edit it.

output required

Name  Code

X         123

X         234

r          32

r  34

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@KL718 

Calculated tables created with DAX are not visible in the Query Editor. You may Reference queries in the Query Editor and change code in The Advanced Editor.

let
    Source = Table1,
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Source,{"Column1", "Column2"}),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Other Columns")
in
    #"Removed Duplicates"
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@KL718 

Calculated tables created with DAX are not visible in the Query Editor. You may Reference queries in the Query Editor and change code in The Advanced Editor.

let
    Source = Table1,
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(Source,{"Column1", "Column2"}),
    #"Removed Duplicates" = Table.Distinct(#"Removed Other Columns")
in
    #"Removed Duplicates"
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @KL718 

What is the source?
Is it SQL?
Why not query with relvant data only?

select col1, col2, colN from Table

Cheers!
A

Source is Excel file. I do not want to use original file since the output what i want will be moved from column to row level thus creating duplication for all 30 K rows & 30 columns which I do not want.

I just want to subset the data & oull only 3 columns & work on it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.