Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Soly_Az
Frequent Visitor

How to dynamically show category members as % of the selected category on x-axis of a Pareto chart

I have created a Pareto chart to show the Cumulative % of Spend for a series of vendors according to the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlUBO5qoKow

which works fine:

Soly_Az_0-1626270452255.png

However, as the users previously used to create the chart in Excel, they would like to have "cumulative % of vendors" in the x-axis instead of the vendors; such as the following chart (which is made manually only to illustrate the desired result). In this way the users can interpret the data easier, i.e. "33% of the vendors account for 77% of the total spend".

Soly_Az_1-1626270560656.png

Any idea if this is possible to do?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Soly_Az 

Basically, you need to create a column to get the cumlative percent of total venders. 

1. Add an index column.

2.  Create a calcuate column 

Column = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table'),FILTER('Table',[Index]<=EARLIER('Table'[Index])))/ COUNTROWS('Table')

Please check my example:

Vpazhenmsft_0-1626417180522.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks! However, the use of Earlier and the fact that my vendor-table has 84000+ rows, the formula causes performance issues and won't work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.