Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reh169
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to do Ranking

I have a lot of compliance data that I am graphing by the delta. I have 55 different people I am trying to rank based on their compliance. How do I set up ranking in Power Bi desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create a new Measure as

Sum of Admin_Fee_Delta=sum('New Lease'[Admin_Fee_Delta])

and Create a new measure as

Admin_Rank = RANKX(ALL('New Lease'[Region]),'New Lease'[Sum of Admin_Fee_Delta],,DESC)

I hope it would work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @reh169,

It's hard to provide the detailed solution without sample table, you'd better share sample table and list expected result for further analysis. For ranking, we usually use RANKX function.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@Angelia, Ok  so being more specfic, I have a bunch of regions that all have delta's and I want to rank them by the sum of that delta. So I have a table built that has Region, then my delta, then my rank of that delta but I keep getting 1 for all my ranks. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. This is my measure, please let me know what Iam doing wrong or what I need to change. Thank you so much!

Admin_Rank = rankx(filter(all('New Lease'),'New Lease'[Admin_Fee_Delta]),CALCULATE(sum([Admin_Fee_Delta])),0)

rank.PNG

@reh169

I think this would help you.

reh169Rank.PNG

Dax Function: Admin Rank = RANKX(ALL(Sheet1[Region]),Sheet1[Sum of Admin_Fee_Delta],,DESC)

I get an error using that verbage and I copied directly.

To get a result this is what I had to change it to 

Admin_Rank = RANKX(ALL('New Lease'[Region]),sum('New Lease'[Admin_Fee_Delta]),0)

And everything is still 1 for the ranking

Look into this report, you may get the exact understanding.

Link: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/48585e73-1ed1-44ff-b400-4d241bbb652d?ctid=470e1ac4-5b55-48...

The link is opening a page and I log in but it never loads.

Why in your version are you using sheet1 and why will mine not accpet that? Same with desc?

Make sure that the Rank is Measure in your report.

That is what I am trying to create with my formula, the rank...am I missing a step before this one?

Create a new Measure as

Sum of Admin_Fee_Delta=sum('New Lease'[Admin_Fee_Delta])

and Create a new measure as

Admin_Rank = RANKX(ALL('New Lease'[Region]),'New Lease'[Sum of Admin_Fee_Delta],,DESC)

I hope it would work.

It worked, thank you so much!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.