Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mon
Frequent Visitor

How to divide two measures which are based on two different dates coming from the same table?

I Have created two measures. One measure is 'total device' which is based on 'shipped date' column from the 'device' table. I also created another measure named 'shipped device returned' which is based on return date from the device table.

Now I have to divide 'total device' measure values by 'shipped device returned' measure values. But the values are coming wrong as 'total device' and 'shipped device returned' are based  on two different dates. Please kindly guide me how to perform the division of the values for these two measures?

2 REPLIES 2
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@mon, What is the Business description of the measure and logic? Do you need to know % of returned devices based on the date or order?

Share sample data and expected results.

mon
Frequent Visitor

Hi @SivaMani  Thanks for your reply.

Yes I need to find out the ratio percentage of returned devices( by the formula: divide 'total device' measure values by 'shipped device returned' ) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.