Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArthurMediadev
Frequent Visitor

How to display values having a duplicate in other tables ? (Excel Tables on Sharepoint)

Hello Everyone!

My apologies if my request is very basic, i tried to search for a long time on the forum but unfortunetly i didn't catch anything helpful for now.

Here is my situation:

I am working with multiples companies datasets (around 40 files).

Those datasets are all Excel tables only.

And all of them are located separately in the same Sharepoint site.

(Each Excel file only have 1 sheet)

I am working with Office 365 Business Essentials + Power BI Pro.

My 40 Excel tables have all exactly the same columns of course. Each of them represents a unique country.

In my Power Bi all the Excel Tables are gathered in 1 Query.

So for my situation, I am focusing on 2 columns :

• The column "Companies"
  • And the column "Country"

What i would like to do, is to get a visualisation showing the companies which have a duplicate in all others Excel Country Tables.

The idea would be to display a visualisation with the name of the company showing all the country having this same company.

Sample:

In this case I have 3 Excel tables (i plan to do it with more than 40)

As you can see 2 companies have twins in other countries : Co.ABCD and Co.Z.Y.W

Sample 1.PNG

Just to remind, on Power BI all the Excel Tables Sources are gathered in one Query.(Excel_Worksheet_France.xlsx, Excel_Worksheet_Japan.xlsx, Excel_Worksheet_India.xlsx, etc...) 

So actually it looks like that: 

Sample 3.PNG

So what i would like to get is a visualization showing something like that (broadly):

At least to have a visual showing clearly in which countries a company is located.

Sample 2.PNG

It may also be good if I can separate the companies which are located in only 1 country and the other companies which are located in more than 1 country.

Any idea how to do that? 😄

Thanks a lot for those who have the patience to read all my stuff eheh 😛 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArthurMediadev

Create measures

names of countries = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(ALL(Sheet3),Sheet3[company]=MAX(Sheet3[company])),[country],",")

numbers of countries = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet3[country]),FILTER(ALL(Sheet3),Sheet3[company]=MAX(Sheet3[company])))

13.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArthurMediadev

Create measures

names of countries = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(ALL(Sheet3),Sheet3[company]=MAX(Sheet3[company])),[country],",")

numbers of countries = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Sheet3[country]),FILTER(ALL(Sheet3),Sheet3[company]=MAX(Sheet3[company])))

13.png

Best Regards

Maggie

ArthurMediadev
Frequent Visitor

Hello Everyone!

My apologies if my request is very basic, i tried to search for a long time on the forum but unfortunetly i didn't catch anything helpful for now.

Here is my situation:

I am working with multiples companies datasets (around 40 files).

Those datasets are all Excel tables only.

And all of them are located separately in the same Sharepoint site.

(Each Excel file only have 1 sheet)

I am working with Office 365 Business Essentials + Power BI Pro.

My 40 Excel tables have all exactly the same columns of course. Each of them represents a unique country.

In my Power Bi all the Excel Tables are gathered in 1 Query.

So for my situation, I am focusing on 2 columns :

• The column "Companies"
  • And the column "Country"

What i would like to do, is to get a visualisation showing the companies which have a duplicate in all others Excel Country Tables.

The idea would be to display a visualisation with the name of the company showing all the country having this same company.

Sample:

In this case I have 3 Excel tables (i plan to do it with more than 40)

As you can see 2 companies have twins in other countries : Co.ABCD and Co.Z.Y.W

Sample 1.PNG

Just to remind, on Power BI all the Excel Tables Sources are gathered in one Query.(Excel_Worksheet_France.xlsx, Excel_Worksheet_Japan.xlsx, Excel_Worksheet_India.xlsx, etc...) 

So actually it looks like that: 

Sample 3.PNG

So what i would like to get is a visualization showing something like that (broadly):

At least to have a visual showing clearly in which countries a company is located.

Sample 2.PNG

It may also be good if I can separate the companies which are located in only 1 country and the other companies which are located in more than 1 country.

Any idea how to do that? Smiley Very Happy

Thanks a lot for those who have the patience to read all my stuff eheh Smiley Tongue 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.