Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charu
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to display user image dynamically based on user login email ID

Hi Community,

Is there any ways to achieve the following scenario, When the user logs in then on the report page how to display their image.

I'm Using Oracle table in that one table where I'm maintaining Username, email in addition If I save their picture how to get it into the report using measure.

1.Suggest me where to save all users images 

2.measure to display the image dynamically based on user email id

For reference

user image disp.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Thanks a lot for your help.

I found the custom visual that is Image by CloudScope and storing image URL in the table as text data type and in power bi For the URL column did settings like Modelling tab ->datacategory->Image URL 

Finally using RLS based user email and the image is displaying based on user login 

I was thinking to write a logic to display the image but you made it very easy.Thanks once again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Charu,

In Power BI, it is not supported to load images from a database (binary column) directly into the data model and display them in visual. The only way to display images in a visual is to provide the URL of the image which is public accessible. 

Since your images are all stored in Oracle Table, please try the workaround that converting any binary (Image Infor) to a Base64 encoded string which can then be displayed in PowerBI as a regular image. 

Reference:

Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models

Embedding Images in Power BI using Base64

Further more, to display image dynamically, you should apply dynamic RLS based on username here.

Dynamic Row Level Security with Power BI Made Simple

Power BI – Dynamic Row Level Security – Tips to get it working!

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Thanks a lot for your help.

I found the custom visual that is Image by CloudScope and storing image URL in the table as text data type and in power bi For the URL column did settings like Modelling tab ->datacategory->Image URL 

Finally using RLS based user email and the image is displaying based on user login 

I was thinking to write a logic to display the image but you made it very easy.Thanks once again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.