Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EVEAdmin
Helper V
Helper V

How to display the value selected in a slicer or bookmark

Hi All,

I am in the current scenario:

• I created a report that display figures from 3 different regions
  • With the use of a slicer, I can display:
    • all regions (no selection)
    • each individual region

That's all fine so far.

Then, I created a bookmark for each of the possible 4 selections:

1. all
  2. region 1
  3. region 2
  4. region 3

The slicer has been hidden in each bookmark.

Then, I created 4 buttons and each button corresponds to each bookmark. When I click the button, the corresponding selection is displayed.

What I would like to do is to display in a card the selected value, to understand whether I am in Region 1, Region 2, Region 3 or all of them. So, for example, when Region 1 button is clicked, the card will display something like "Region 1"

I followed this tutorial and came up with the following measure, but it does not work

SelectedRegion = IF( ISFILTERED(WWTickets[TkServerName]), 
            SELECTEDVALUE(WWTickets[TkServerName], 
             CONCATENATEX(
ALLSELECTED(WWTickets[TkServerName]),
WWTickets[TkServerName],
", "
)  ),
             "No Selection")

where WWTickets[TkServerName] is the field assigned to the main slicer.
Any clue, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EVEAdmin
Helper V
Helper V

Please ignore. 

The measure in the first post works well. I was in PBI Desktop, where CTRL+ Click is required and I was only clicking on the buttons, I guess I need another coffee Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KilleenJeffrey
Frequent Visitor
EVEAdmin
Helper V
Helper V

Please ignore. 

The measure in the first post works well. I was in PBI Desktop, where CTRL+ Click is required and I was only clicking on the buttons, I guess I need another coffee Smiley Wink

HI, @EVEAdmin 

I have test on my side with your formula, it works well too.

and for power bi desktop is a "development tool" , it has some difference when interacte on the report, you need CTRL+ Click for selected button.

And It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, please accept the reply as a solution, that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.
Thanks.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft thank you.

I was fully aware of the CTRL+Click, simply forgotten Smiley LOL

Marked my reply as solution, tnx again.

EVEAdmin
Helper V
Helper V

I can establish a relation between the card and the value selected in the slicer.

It seems the issue is with the buttons. Each button is associated with a bookmark. 

So, is there anything I can do to display a button title, or other field, in a card ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.