Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rodneyc8063
Helper V
Helper V

How to display the user that last modified the .pbix file?

Hopefully this is a bit of a silly question

I work with a few others making PBI reports, and sometimes I would work on lets say "test 1". Then someone else will also work on "test 1" after me.

After we each make our changes we may upload it into www.pbi.com for consumption

I was wondering is there anyway to display in a report page the "last modified by <user>"?

If there are any questions, I was hoping to just add a variable somewhere on the report page that shows "Last modified by <user> on <date>"

Any suggestions most appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rodneyc8063 usually for my client we do the version controlling thru sharepoint files user put their comment what they changed etc

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rodneyc8063 usually for my client we do the version controlling thru sharepoint files user put their comment what they changed etc

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi @parry2k 

Thanks for the tip on using Sharepoint - This would help our workflow!

Not perfect as you mentioned this functionality doesnt exist in PBI but its acceptable 🙂

Also to note in case anyone else comes across this thread, another option is that in www.pbi.com by default there is a way to show the report owner and the last updated date as per the following link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-reports#the-parts-of-a-report

Specifically section D

The Power BI banner displays the name of the report and the last updated date. Select the arrow to open a menu that also show the name of the report owner.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rodneyc8063 unfortunately there is nothing available as such and have to be maintained outside power bi.

Follow us on LinkedIn

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.