Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sebastianslz
Frequent Visitor

How to display the table Total in grouped column chart

I need to show the total at the bottom of a data table in a grouped column chart in Power BI, that is, this total which is found here at the bottom of the table:

sebastianslz_2-1632168680827.png

I want to show it as a value in a grouped column chart next to the value of 387 as follows:

sebastianslz_3-1632168711320.png

It is important to make it clear that the columns from which the value is obtained 4:7 4:42 5:38 are columns made from a measure, that is, a DAX formula was used for its elaboration, for this reason I am not allowed to drag the column to the Values ​​section in the clustered column chart, every time I try to place it in Values ​​it automatically moves to Tooltip.

sebastianslz_4-1632168759203.png

The column PromedioHoraPlanta is the one that corresponds to the total displayed value of 4:7 in the table.

I would like someone to give me guidance on how to place the total in the grouped column graph

1 REPLY 1
halfglassdarkly
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @sebastianslz you might need to create an aggregate calculated table (e.g. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/summarize-function-dax) and recreate your measures as calculated columns so you can use them as values in the column chart.

I'm not sure the column chart will handle displaying your ratio values though - I think they'd be interpreted as text which will default to using a count aggregation when you add them to the visual. You might need to convert them as a percentage or decimal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.