Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to display the row data (more than 1 field) in a separate row

Dear experts

I have about 4 different field of information in the row to be displayed on the report along with the measures in the column.

My table on the PBI displays all the 4 different field of information in 1 single row with + sign (to expand) to drill across. But the user is asking the data be displayed as it showing on the excel with separate column for each field.

Please advise if this is possible in PBI.

Thanks

Mahad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

It would be great if you share some screenshots on what you need exactly. Based on my understanding, you are using matrix visual and you have placed multiple fields in row section and you dont want to use + to expand and you need as seperate columns. 

Option 1 - You can use table visual instead of matrix visual but not sure whether you are referring any dynamic columns or not.

Option 2 - With in matrix visual, you can change the Stepped layout to off and get what you need.

Default view

Hariharan_R_0-1655354056598.png

Modified view

Go to Format Visual - > Under Row headers -> Under Options -> off the stepped layout and also off the +/- icons

Hariharan_R_1-1655354158019.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you are looking for something else.

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Spanish

Hello good afternoon, I think I know what is the solution to your problem, just today the same thing happened to me and I found the solution, I understand that you want to see the values stacked in rows as if it were a table in excel, the solution is simple, you use the graphical object "Matrix" you pass the values you want to see in rows to the Slide of values, once that's done you go to the settings of the visual/Values/options and slide the check that appears there, and that's it, they transpose the values that were being sorted in the columns and move them towards the rows, I'll place a reference image for you, greetings.....Captura111.PNG

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

It would be great if you share some screenshots on what you need exactly. Based on my understanding, you are using matrix visual and you have placed multiple fields in row section and you dont want to use + to expand and you need as seperate columns. 

Option 1 - You can use table visual instead of matrix visual but not sure whether you are referring any dynamic columns or not.

Option 2 - With in matrix visual, you can change the Stepped layout to off and get what you need.

Default view

Hariharan_R_0-1655354056598.png

Modified view

Go to Format Visual - > Under Row headers -> Under Options -> off the stepped layout and also off the +/- icons

Hariharan_R_1-1655354158019.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you are looking for something else.

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

johncolley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous , 

Based on what you have described so far it should definitely be possible. A bit hard to determine exactly what the issue is without some examples, if you can see a + icon in the visual sounds like you are using the matrix visual rather than the table visual. Are you able to provide some screenshots or examples? You can blackout any sensitive data or replicate with dummy data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.