Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhern90
Frequent Visitor

How to display the previous 12 months with no data on line chart

I have a line chart with monthly data. I want to be able to dispay the lsa 12 months of data. The data I have does not contain 12 months worth of data but I still want to be able to display all the months even when there is no data for those months. So for example, I have data for november to january(current month), then I want to the x-axis to have all months from February last year up to Junuary this year. Is that possible? Here is a screenshot of it currently looks like now with filters

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jhern90 ,

Do you mean to show data from Feb 2019 to Jun 2020 while your x-axis filter is Jan 2019~Jan 2020? I don't think you could show the data outside the filter.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-eachen-msft 

That's not what I meant. I meant if I have data only for the last three months, can I still show the x-axis containing the last 12 months of data even though 9 of those will be blank.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors