Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HigorDRS
Frequent Visitor

How to display only the month and year on Date Slicer

Hi! I'm new in Power BI and I'd like to use a slicer with "between" logic (as the one with Dates and that I pasted the print below), but with a format that shows me only the month and year, not the days.

DateSlicerDays.png

For example, I would like to select from Jul/16 To Jun/18 and no from 01/07/2016 To 01/06/2018, as the print above. How can I do this?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
jbrown2540

Visuals, "Get More Visuals" and search for "Timeline Slicer" and use it. So surprised how long it took to find this as a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Since it was not marked as a solution, just FYI you can use timeline slicer available in market place.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , 
The Timeline slicer is very huge , is there any other workaround to implement this. 

mathivananj_0-1633499927664.png

hi, do you have solution for this problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @HigorDRS ,

Can you please mark this post as a solution.
Since this is a very basic requirement in every enterprise it will help many members to explore more  towards the market place as well.

Thanks 

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @HigorDRS,

In Power BI, there is no option to display only the month and year on Date Slicer currently.

For the workaround, you could follow the steps below to get the data filtered by Year and Month.

1. You could create a calculated column in the formula below, then you will get the Month.

Month ='Table'[date].[Month]

2. Then you could create a Slicer with the Hierarchy like below.

Capture1.PNG

3. You could Slicer the Month and Year.

Capture.PNG

In addition, you could post your idea here.

Hope it can help you!

Best regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

I tried it but actually I would like to get a "between effect" sliding through the date, without needing to click to select all the months one per one. Isn't there a way to do it, so? 😞

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot!

Hi @HigorDRS,

As alternative I can propose you to use Hierarchical slicer

Hierarchical slicerHierarchical slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors