Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cydevos
Frequent Visitor

How to display mutliple value for the same date

Hi everyone,

I have a line chart that display a count of result by date.
My problem is that sometime I have two results for the same date. They are different by a job id but same for the date. What power bi does is it sum the results for a date and at the end I get a weird line chart. I would like if there is two results in the same date to display the date twice on the chart.

Table examples:

name     result     job_id     date
aaa       pass       1             21st 2019

aaa       pass       2             21st 2019

aaa       fail         1             22nd 2019

aaa       pass       1             23rd 2019

I want this: 
Cout of result

|

|

|

|   val        val      val         val

_________________________________  date
   21st     21st      22nd     23rd

And not this:

Cout of result

|

|

|  val 

|              val          val

_________________________________  date
   21st     22nd     23rd

I hope this is clear. Tell me if you need more information.
Thank you very much for your help 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, @Cydevos 

After my research, you can try to achieve an approximate effect by adding a secondary column, the steps are as follows:

1. Create an index column and change the index column type to text;11
  2. Create a new Custom column, use the formula: = "-" & [Index], and then delete the index column;2233
  3. Create a line chart and add the Custom field you just created to Axis, and you will see a hierarchy on the line chart;44
  4. Select Expand all, the corresponding screen may be what you want, the result is as follows55

Here is demo , please try it

https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EfS8EqQ7fDJGvC2PT2...

Best Regards,

Joey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, @Cydevos 

After my research, you can try to achieve an approximate effect by adding a secondary column, the steps are as follows:

1. Create an index column and change the index column type to text;11
  2. Create a new Custom column, use the formula: = "-" & [Index], and then delete the index column;2233
  3. Create a line chart and add the Custom field you just created to Axis, and you will see a hierarchy on the line chart;44
  4. Select Expand all, the corresponding screen may be what you want, the result is as follows55

Here is demo , please try it

https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EfS8EqQ7fDJGvC2PT2...

Best Regards,

Joey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi !

Thanks for your reply and the time spent to try something 🙂 

I just tried it and it looks perfect. I will accept your answer as the solution ! 
Quick questions about your answer:
    1 - Why this "= "-" & [Index]" and not only the index ? 

2 - How can I remove the display of the index on the "x" axis ?

Thanks

Hi  @Cydevos ,

For your question, I hope the following answers can be resolved:
1. This formula: = "-" & [Index]", just to visually distinguish better, you can also use only the index, but it may be visually confusing, you can also customize a formula that you feel better;
2. The chart will aggregate options with the same value, so the value of the x-axis must be unique to achieve the desired result. If the display of the index is removed, the ideal result will not be achieved.

Best Regards,

Joey

Community Support Team _ Joey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.