Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chiru_kudupudi
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to display multiple flags in line visual?

Hello Everyone.

I am looking for a similar kind of line chart with flags.
The image I have taken from windographer tool. I got a requirement to get windographer functionality in Power BI. Maybe exact same or better version.
If anyone had designed such a tool using Power BI, please share me. that will help.

Thanks in advance.

wind data flag.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chiru_kudupudi
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am managed to apply conditional formatting by changing line chart to column chart.
Then I got the desired format.

chiru_kudupudi_0-1627308377141.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
chiru_kudupudi
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am managed to apply conditional formatting by changing line chart to column chart.
Then I got the desired format.

chiru_kudupudi_0-1627308377141.png

chiru_kudupudi
Resolver I
Resolver I

I am fine if we can change colour one flag to another flag, may be using conditional formatting.
I also use legend section in line chart, so one line divided as 4 lines.
The flags range will be 1 to 10 and I have a column in dataset to use in line graph if required.

daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I've seen some windographer vids on YT out of pure curiosity... This seems to be a specialized graphical application doing many different things to data. I don't think you could (ever) find anything like this in PBI.

I agree with you.

It is very difficult to create similar types of visuals in Power BI.

I will wait for few days. I hope someone comes with an alternative idea to perform the task.

Thanks for your time and help daxer-almighty.

daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can create visuals with Python or R in PBI using their standard graphic libraries (matplotlib, for instance, or bokeh). Or, if you feel courageous, you can create your own visual using the PBI SDK (that's the name, I guess).

Thanks for your reply daxer-almighty,

I don't think we have a similar flag setup using python or r programming. 

@chiru_kudupudi 

I think you're wrong. In Python you can create really any graph you want and you're able to fine-tune every single detail. Just a question of putting some effort into it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.