Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

markmess77
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to display filtered values?

I have several filters in my report. When filtering through each, it can be easy to forget exactly which filters have been selected. I have attempted to resolve this issue by using conditional formatting in a text box. The SELECTEDVALUE function works great, except when more than one option in the filter is selected. In this case, the alternate result is selected rather than the 2+ filtered values. I have been trying to use other function such as ALLSELECTED, IF, and VALUES but have not yet been able to make something that works.

Is there a way that SELECTEDVALUE can return more than one value?

Please let me know if you require any more information, I'd be more than happy to do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can use the following measure:

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table'[Item 2 Progress]);IF(COUNTROWS(VALUES('Table'[Item 2 Progress])) >=5;"Multiple";"| Progress -" & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[Item 2 Progress]);'Table'[Item 2 Progress];", "));"")

Where 
Table Item 2 Progress = your field you filter on.
>=5 if there are 5 or more filters it will show "Multiple" you can change this to whatever you want.
If there is no filter it will show nothing. And if there is a filter it will look like this: (ofcourse you can change this too)

Knipsel2.PNGKnipsel.PNG 
Note: It looks like -10 but that because there is a - in the measure i used. 

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EricHulshof
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can use the following measure:

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table'[Item 2 Progress]);IF(COUNTROWS(VALUES('Table'[Item 2 Progress])) >=5;"Multiple";"| Progress -" & CONCATENATEX(VALUES('Table'[Item 2 Progress]);'Table'[Item 2 Progress];", "));"")

Where 
Table Item 2 Progress = your field you filter on.
>=5 if there are 5 or more filters it will show "Multiple" you can change this to whatever you want.
If there is no filter it will show nothing. And if there is a filter it will look like this: (ofcourse you can change this too)

Knipsel2.PNGKnipsel.PNG 
Note: It looks like -10 but that because there is a - in the measure i used. 

Quality over Quantity

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi Eric,

Greeting of the Day!

I have tried with above measure. It really helpfull for me.

But, When there is no filter applied to any of the slicer it showing as "(Blank)". Refer snip for more information.

Is there any possiblite to make No Filters applied note instead of Blank.

BALAMURUGANP_1-1664785399051.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I did not get completely. But concatenatex, can help you show value at one place

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/concatenatex-function-dax

concatenatex(allselected(table]),table[column])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.