Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

How to display filter values on same page as filter itself?

Hi,

I have about 5 filters on page1. each of them is a long list. There is a visual on the lower half. Every time user has to scroll through each of the filters to see which ones are selected. Is there any way that I can display the selected filter values on the same page along with visual? This would make it much easier for users to see which filters are used and with what values instead of scrolling each of them.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @ppgandhi11

You can create a calculated measure similar to the following and just drag it to a Card Visual on your report canvas.  It will display the currently selected value from the table[column] from your slicer.

Measure = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Column]) 

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know you have already marked as solved but here is a great post from Power Pivot Pro that goes into a little more detail that I often refer to. https://powerpivotpro.com/2018/02/using-selectedvalues-capture-power-bi-slicer-selections/

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ppgandhi11,

For another option, if you only select one value for each Slicer, you could select the Dropdown type of Slicer which should meet your requirement.

If you only select one value it will show the value you selected. If you select mutiple values, it will show Multiple selections.

Slicer.PNG

Hope this also can help you!

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @ppgandhi11

You can create a calculated measure similar to the following and just drag it to a Card Visual on your report canvas.  It will display the currently selected value from the table[column] from your slicer.

Measure = SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Column]) 

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phil_Seamark if we select multiple values then how can we do it?

Using  SELECTEDVALUE(table[column],"All") ,  it will show 'All' even for multiple values.  How can we make it work for three scenarios
single select, multiple values , All?
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the method I've used. The measure below will return nothing ("") if the 'Products'[Type] field isn't filtered. If that column has been filtered and there are more than 5 rows selected then it returns "Multiple". Otherwise, I use CONCATENATEX to grab all the values selected and use a comma and space to seperate each value of 'Products'[Type]. Before the CONCATENATEX I have some other text that will concatenate some user friendly text. If a user selects 2 Products[Type] values the whole measure will return "| Type - Type Selection 1, Type Selection 2". So I then repeat this measure for each column in the table that might have a filter selected by the user.
Selected Type =
IF (
ISFILTERED ( 'Products'[Type] ),
IF (
    COUNTROWS ( VALUES ('Products'[Type] ) ) >=5,
    "Multiple",
    " | Type - "&
        CONCATENATEX ( VALUES ( 'Products'[Type]), 'Products'[Type], ", " )

)
    ),
    ""
    )
)
Then I add a measure that concatenates all the selection measures and put them in a visualization that supports text, like a card. The final measure might look like [Selections] = [Selected Type]&[Selected Sub Type]. I don't have worry about separating text because those are in the selection measures. Result example: "| Type - Type 1 | Sub Type - Sub Type 1, Sub Type 2".

@Phil_Seamark

It works! Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.