Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sagun

How to display data based on a latest date?

This is my data source named as "All Data":

IDForm Completion time Shop open/close date Name of  BranchStatus
215/4/21 10:04:275/5/2021GongabuOpen
225/4/21 10:04:565/5/2021MaharajgunjClose
235/4/21 10:27:165/5/2021SwoyambhuOpen
245/4/21 10:28:285/5/2021ThamelOpen
255/4/21 11:35:565/5/2021GongabuClose
265/4/21 10:36:245/5/2021ThamelClose
275/4/21 11:36:485/5/2021MaharajgunjOpen
285/4/21 10:47:175/5/2021ChyamasinghOpen

My Question:

For a certain "Shop open/close date", I want to display Name of a Branch and Status which is Based on a latest date in "Form completion time" column.

My desired output:

IDForm Completion timeShop open/close dateName of  BranchStatus
235/4/21 10:27:165/5/2021SwoyambhuOpen
255/4/21 11:35:565/5/2021GongabuClose
265/4/21 10:36:245/5/2021ThamelClose
275/4/21 11:36:485/5/2021MaharajgunjOpen
285/4/21 10:47:175/5/2021ChyamasinghOpen

Steps I tried:

Trial 1: Measure = MAXX('All Data','All Data'[Form Completion time])

Trial 2: Measure = CALCULATE(COUNTA('All Data'[Status]),FILTER('All Data','All Data'[Form Completion time] = MAX('All Data'[Form Completion time])))

Trial 3: Measure = CALCULATE(COUNTA('All Data'[Status]),FILTER('All Data','All Data'[Form Completion time] = LASTDATE('All Data'[Form Completion time])))

But none of this works. Please suggest?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
sayaliredij
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sagun 

I would have 2 options to solve your problem

1. You can create a new calculated column Islatest which indicates if the current row is based on the latest value of the name of the branch

IsLatest = 

var Latestdate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Form Completion time]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Name of Branch] = EARLIER('Table'[Name of Branch])))

RETURN

IF('Table'[Form Completion time] = Latestdate,1,0)

and then you can filter your table based on "IsLatest" value
sayaliredij_0-1620559028893.png

2. You can create measure as Latest Status using the following formule

Latest Status = 

var latestdate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Form Completion time]),REMOVEFILTERS('Table'[Status]))

var lateststatus = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Status],'Table'[Form Completion time],latestdate)

RETURN

lateststatus

Regards,
Sayali
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sagun Hi sagun, in this case i created a summary table from the main table which i can use to show data in the matrix visual.

negi007_0-1620560710974.png

I created table which will extract the max date for each branch. then using lookup function we will get value from main table to summary table like below

Summary_Table = SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[Name of Branch],"Max",MAX('Table'[Form Completion time ]))

Status = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Status],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

Branch = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Name of Branch],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

ID = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[ID],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

Shope_Open_Closed = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Shop open/close date ],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

below is the visual from the main data

negi007_1-1620560827829.png

I am also attaching pbix file for your reference.

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sagun

Thank you so much. It helped,:)

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Sagun Hi sagun, in this case i created a summary table from the main table which i can use to show data in the matrix visual.

negi007_0-1620560710974.png

I created table which will extract the max date for each branch. then using lookup function we will get value from main table to summary table like below

Summary_Table = SUMMARIZE('Table','Table'[Name of Branch],"Max",MAX('Table'[Form Completion time ]))

Status = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Status],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

Branch = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Name of Branch],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

ID = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[ID],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

Shope_Open_Closed = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Shop open/close date ],'Table'[Form Completion time ],'Summary_Table'[Form_Completion],'Table'[Name of Branch],Summary_Table[Name of Branch])

below is the visual from the main data

negi007_1-1620560827829.png

I am also attaching pbix file for your reference.

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

sayaliredij
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sagun 

I would have 2 options to solve your problem

1. You can create a new calculated column Islatest which indicates if the current row is based on the latest value of the name of the branch

IsLatest = 

var Latestdate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Form Completion time]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Name of Branch] = EARLIER('Table'[Name of Branch])))

RETURN

IF('Table'[Form Completion time] = Latestdate,1,0)

and then you can filter your table based on "IsLatest" value
sayaliredij_0-1620559028893.png

2. You can create measure as Latest Status using the following formule

Latest Status = 

var latestdate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Form Completion time]),REMOVEFILTERS('Table'[Status]))

var lateststatus = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Status],'Table'[Form Completion time],latestdate)

RETURN

lateststatus

Regards,
Sayali
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @sayaliredij,

I have 2 errors using your code, do you have any idea why?

Jaggana_0-1701944240451.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.