Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yasbui
Frequent Visitor

How to display daily data with month on x axis

Hi,

In the chart below, I am displaying the amount of lost sales on a daily level but rather than having per date plotted on the x axis, is it possible to plot the months? I get an aggregation when I plot the data on a monthly level so had to derive the 'MonthDay' column to get a daily view.

chart.jpgtable.jpg

TThanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yasbui,

if you right click on your date in your line charts, it should have an option to enable date hierarchy, and then from there you can deselect everything else but month

RIght clicking on the 'MonthDay' column which is what I used to get the chart on a daily level doesn't give me an option to enable date hierarchy. When I use the 'date' column to plot the graph, I can deselect everything but month but my data becomes aggregated into a monthly view and I need it on a daily level with the months on the x axis. Using the 'date' column results in the graph below: 

chartagg.jpg

aggregate.jpgThanks

SBatHB
Frequent Visitor

Date Hierarchy in the visualization AxisDate Hierarchy in the visualization AxisExpand all down to the level of the dayExpand all down to the level of the day

You should be able to fix this if you have the date hierarchy with the fields that you want to display on the axis, and then in your graph/visualization, use the hierarchy in the top right to expand to the next or lowet level. This will then show by month and day if you have both selelected in your hierarchy for the axis.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.