Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to display blank or 0 when there is no relationship between tables instead of total values

Hi All,

I have a table Table1 date and location wise. 

Also I have sales table Table2 that is at date, item, customer and location wise.

I intend to filter the report by date, Item , loctaion, customer wise.

Now my concern is how can I display Table1 values as 0 or blank when the user selects an item or a customer.I don not want to show the totals since that would mean displaying wrong information.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Not enough information to understand the question.

Can you share some sample data and the expected result to have a clear understanding of your question?
You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

sure @Fowmy 

https://acxiomconsulting-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/r/personal/payal_joon_acxiomconsulting_com/Documents/...

These 2 tables are linked with a Calendar table and Location master.

Now if the user selects location as L1 , then 'Value'= 100. But if the user selects cutsomer as C1 , then Power BI would give 'Value'=100. This would be wrong information as Table1 cannot be bifurcated customer wise and should instead give no value ( or 0 value) rather than giving 100.

How I can ensure to get a blank value or 0 value for Value column in Table1 if the user filters data by item & customer wise?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have no access to your file. You can copy and paste your sample data of table with Text format in your post directly and explain your expected result with screenshot or specific examples. Thank you.

yingyinr_0-1621933361003.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.