Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to display a project progress schedule

Hi there,

I need to create a report based on an Excel schedule. This schedule illustrates the different activities of the company and the projects that must be carried out. Planning is shown in purple and execution in pink. If the completion of the project is behind schedule, the box is red. For example, if a project was to be carried out from April to October (line 17 & 18 on the screenshot) but only begins in June, the project is two months late (therefore 2 red boxes). If everything goes as planned, all boxes are red. Here I hope it is clear for the explanations of Excel.

Milou190_0-1662111856842.png

Now what I need to do is a bit different. Already, Excel is completely unusable on Power BI. So I took the data and redid an Excel table.

Milou190_3-1662112405845.png

A : Title of worksites

B : Activity - Planned start date

G : Planned end date 

H : Actual start date 

I : Actual end date

J : Percentage of completion

Here is the idea of the Power BI layout:

Milou190_1-1662111970988.png

There is the title of the activity, the different sites and then, depending on each project site, a progress report on the project. On this frieze, we must see the progress of the project only with the actual dates. However, to take the example above, if a project is planned from April to October, two possibilities are available to us:

1. The project follows its normal course. The project manager gradually enters the percentage of progress. The frieze is colored green (a gradient from lightest to darkest where dark = 100%).

2. The project is late. Instead of starting in April, it starts in June. The first two months must be in red, then from June, the project must be in orange since it has started but is still late.

Here is what I managed to do: (yes, it's not a lot oupsi)

Milou190_4-1662113160141.png

I do have my Activities columns with the details of the sites (it doesn't matter if it doesn't look like the model, we'll see the presentation later), but I can't even create a calendar. I would like the months to be displayed, with progress bars (with conditional colors). I can't get this, it gives me nonsense when I enter the start and end dates in a column. In addition, the difficulty is that the planned / actual end dates are confronting each other in order to be able to display the delays, but without the planned dates being visible... Here it is much more complicated than what I expected, I am embarked on something impossible... If someone can help me I will be very grateful! Also, I'm a complete beginner on Power BI so the easy stuff is fine, I can handle it, but the measures and everything I'm not very comfortable with...

Thanks in advance!

Emilie ❤️

PS : I found a formula that allows to have calendars in a table but it is not connected to my first table so it is useless but if it can help...

Milou190_5-1662113686650.png

1 REPLY 1
mh2587
Super User
Super User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdUg8LfarCg

I think this will give you some idea 

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.