Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to display Management accounts in conventional format

Was reading this post about how to get acconting data to dispaly correctly in powerpivot drill-income-statement-design but can't get it working in Power BI as doesn't show any of the entries fror EBITDA etc only the ones that are the sum of some defined rows e.g. 

Total Marketing = CALCULATE([Total Actual],Budget_L1[Budget L1]="Marketing")

whereas EBITDA is defined as

EBITDA = [Total GP test]+[Total Staff Costs]+[Total Marketing]+[Total Overheads]

where each component has same form as the Marketing one

So is there some limitation in PBI that the SWITCH function doesn't work the same?  

Is there some other way to show a matrix that includes both regualr pivottable like sums and also calcuated measures?  The article seemed to be the answer , but can't work out why it doesn't work!!!

Thanks for any advice or alternative suggestions

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @masplin,

I just tested it that all the measures mentioned in the article works fine with Power BI Desktop. Here is the test pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

r2.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @masplin,

I just tested it that all the measures mentioned in the article works fine with Power BI Desktop. Here is the test pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

r2.PNG

Regards

Actually I think you have the same issue as i'm seeing. In the Header table the 3rd item is Gross profit and the switch uses [GP Act] as the measure.  However when you create the matrix it doesn't show up. I compacted your matrix to the top level and you see this

Capture.PNGSo despite defining the Header as below, headers 3,5 and 10 don't actually show up despite just being functionsof other eleemnts that do show up. seems realyl strange it can show Revenue and CoS but not Gross profit which is the combination of the 2. The only difference is the GP measure does not include any explicit refernce to the header table. 

Capture.PNG

Hmmm must be somethnig different i have in my table structure. Thanks for doing that as confirms i should persist

Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.