Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harib
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to display Decimal values without aggregation

Hello friends,

I have a data in cubes. When i use directquery it is displaying correct values without aggregation. If i use import query, values are aggregating like sum, count, etc....

Ex : Below picture when use directquery ,for LPC getting proper values without aggregation. (LPC in Decimals)

1.jpg

Ex : Below picture when use Import, for LPC getting aggregation like SUM. (LPC in Decimals). Even if change option Summarization to Don't summarize it's not working. I dont want to do sum or count.  I would like to display the values like above picture.

2.jpg

If anuonce know plese let me know.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harib,

When you use live mode, these calculated fields still host and processed on your database side, power bi only connects and shows the result on the power bi side.
So these calculate field has been recognized correctly as calculated with raw expressions. If your expressions existed specific filters or conditions, it may not works properly on the total level, you need to add if statement with filters to trace and process the total level calculations.

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

If you use the import mode, power bi will break expression and convert them to static values which support aggregate.

For this scenario, it is hard to prevent the aggregate of these fields even if you setting the data category to 'do not summarize', they will also aggregate with 'count'/'first'/'last' mode when you use on matrix value fields which only allow showing the summarized values.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harib,

When you use live mode, these calculated fields still host and processed on your database side, power bi only connects and shows the result on the power bi side.
So these calculate field has been recognized correctly as calculated with raw expressions. If your expressions existed specific filters or conditions, it may not works properly on the total level, you need to add if statement with filters to trace and process the total level calculations.

Measure Totals, The Final Word 

If you use the import mode, power bi will break expression and convert them to static values which support aggregate.

For this scenario, it is hard to prevent the aggregate of these fields even if you setting the data category to 'do not summarize', they will also aggregate with 'count'/'first'/'last' mode when you use on matrix value fields which only allow showing the summarized values.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

This is a bit of a guess but powerbi uses some intelligence behind the scenes to only offer options in the Values well that make sense.

I wonder if the model and relationships that you have are preventing 'do not summarize' from being offered because it doesn't make a difference i.e. the values would be the same in a visualisation - and this implies that the relationships in the directquery model do allow a  'do not summarize' because they would show a difference .

Perhaps you could investigate this.

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

What options are there from the dropdown in the Values well (the down arrow next to LPC)?

@HotChilli 

Sum, Count,Min, Max, etc.. and Not getting Dont summarize option

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.