Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Naveen_SV
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to display Blank in card when i have used date column if none of the filters are selected

I have an requriemnt in using the card visual i am displaying the date which as selelected earlist,

but my customer is looking for when there is no filters are selected it shoulddate forpc.PNG disply (blank).

6 REPLIES 6
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Naveen_SV ,

Just want some additional details on your query. What filter are you using to get this DATE value in card visual.

It will be nice to have a sample data here.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11  Thansk for your reply,

I am not able to attach the pbi file, but i have attachted snap shot,

consider there is two column country and dates, if i click on the country map then only date should disply in the card, else this should be display as blank.datepcd.PNG

Hi @Naveen_SV ,

You can create a measure as follows:

new Check 1 = var total = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table[Date]), ALL(Table[Date])) RETURN IF(HASONEVALUE(Table[Date]), SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Date]), BLANK())

Move this measure to your card visual.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

HI @Pragati11 

this was good for one value how about multi dates are there if i need to show first dates in that.

eX :

dATE               Country

22/02/2020     India

24/03/2020     India

Hi @Naveen_SV ,

You can modify your DAX as follows and try:

new Check 1 = var total = CALCULATE(COUNT(Table[Date]), ALL(Table[Country])) RETURN IF(HASONEVALUE(Table[Date]), SELECTEDVALUE(Table[Date]), IF(COUNT(Table[Date]) > 1 && COUNT(Table[Date]) < total, MAX(Table[Date]), BLANK()))

Also, try to understand the DAX expression above, so that you can modify it yourself.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

@Pragati11  thanks it worked 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.