Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BGB
Helper II
Helper II

How to disable interaction on a column bar

Hi Guys,

How do I disable one value in the X-axis from being filtered as in the pictures below?  The is a total bar that should not interact with any selection on the page.

Thanks in advance!

Picture without filter

This is what chat looks like with no filterThis is what chat looks like with no filter

Picture after filter is applied

After filter appliedAfter filter applied

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@BGB , these things work well, if the filter is from a separate dimension. Like I am showing Brand from the item and trying to remove the filter on the Geography table.  That works, But if you  wants to remove from member item dimension, this might not work well

amitchandak_0-1636556391783.png

View solution in original post

This function does not like too many filters in filter panel. I put my filters in measure and it works well!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BGB
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak That worked in the end. thanks to you.

BGB
Helper II
Helper II

@amitchandak Thanks for that. I did both measures but still filtered when I added to the clustered column chart.

I'm starting to think this could be only be achieved by custom visuals. I tried building a visual in charticulator, but no option to disable a bar in the chart.

Would you please let me know if you find anything?

@BGB , these things work well, if the filter is from a separate dimension. Like I am showing Brand from the item and trying to remove the filter on the Geography table.  That works, But if you  wants to remove from member item dimension, this might not work well

amitchandak_0-1636556391783.png

There appears to be a bug in the ALL and Removefilters function. 

Has anyone experienced this? please help

@amitchandak  Thanks, but after clicking all categories, the total seemed to change. Not sure if this is a bug. Please see the picture below.

Bug- Total reduced e.g March from 110 to 106.. see picture below
bug. where total for Jan to march reduced.. March from 110 to 106bug. where total for Jan to march reduced.. March from 110 to 106

Worked-no filter applied

worked no filterworked no filter

worked- filter applied

worked after filterworked after filter

This function does not like too many filters in filter panel. I put my filters in measure and it works well!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@BGB , You can not do partial interactions. You need to create measure with all or removefilters of slicer/column you do not want to filter

all value = calculate([Meausre], all(Table[Col])

all value = calculate([Meausre], removefilters(Table[Col])

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/five-recent-power-bi-functions-you-should-use-more-often-amit-chandak

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.