Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to disable filtering on visual?

Hi,

I am aware of the Show Interaction > Set the interaction to None method, and it works well. Now when I filter a date, my card won't be affected, as shown in the photo below:

Screenshot_2.png

But my question is, given that it is not filtered by date, but Power BI is still running filter on it!

Screenshot_1.png

The photo above shows that each of my card has already set the filter of the date slicer to NONE, but everytime when I select a different date range, although it won't change the card value, but Power BI still try to filter it (As shown in the spinner on top left of every card). This has caused a performance issue, where the time to load a filtered visual (in this case the graph above) becomes longer.

Any workaround on this? How can I disable completely the filtering on these cards?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

As searched, i'm afraid there is no such option to avoide the this.

Power BI Desktop newest version updates this feature

• Performance improvements when using relative date and dropdown slicers [video] [blog]

You may have a look and try this.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,

Hopefully there will be a fix to this issue

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.