Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pritamdesh

How to determine minimum value for a row in matrix visual

Hi Team,

I want to display the minimum value of a row in the 'Total' column of a matrix visual.

The Matrix is built as follows:

Rows  has 3 fields - Payor group name, Insurance company name, Insurance plan name

Column has 1 field - Year- Quarter (values are for eg. 2020-Q1, 2020- Q2, etc)

Values has 1 field - A measure that calculates the Average of the rate field - [Average of rate allowed].

Average of rate allowed = AVERAGE('reporting vw_RateEstimator'[rate_allowed])

Can anybody help with the solution? Thanking in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please try using this measure expression in place of your current one.  Don't delete the original as this one references it.

New Measure = MINX(VALUES(Date[Year-Quarter]), [Average of Rate Allowed])

You will get same values in the Year-Quarter columns as there is a single value there (always the min), but your total will be the min of all Year-Quarters.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drobb
Frequent Visitor

I have a matrix visual in power bi that has the columns of a day of the week and shift, and the rows of week number.   

I am trying to return a logic statement where the minimum of each column and the maximum of each column shown in the visual (last 4 weeks) are taken into consideration. For example, if the color Flag number is 1 for each value for the last 4 weeks return -.025.  If the color Flag number is either 1 or 2 for each value in the last 4 weeks, return -0.02.  If the color flag number is 2 for each value the last for weeks return -0.015.  If the color flag number is either 2 or 3 for the last 4 weeks, return -.005, etc.  If none of the logic asks are satisfied return the word "Check". 

Can someone please advise how I can do this?

The values for the matrix are a measure if statement: 

Color Flag Number = IF([OTP]>.985,5,IF([OTP]>.965,4,IF([OTP]>.935,3,IF([OTP]>.915,2,1)))). 
OTP is a measure: 
OTP = DIVIDE(SUM(ontime[OnTime]),SUM(ontime[Total]))
Where the ontime values are columns.  

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Please try using this measure expression in place of your current one.  Don't delete the original as this one references it.

New Measure = MINX(VALUES(Date[Year-Quarter]), [Average of Rate Allowed])

You will get same values in the Year-Quarter columns as there is a single value there (always the min), but your total will be the min of all Year-Quarters.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

It worked like a charm!! Thank you so much!! Kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.