Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KasperJ90
Helper III
Helper III

How to deploy PowerBi model in Azure?

Hi,

I have a data warehouse (SQL) where I get data to my Power BI desktop. When I made a tabular model in Power BI I want to save it and deploy to azure analysis services. Then other people can add data to Power BI or Excel via Azure analysis services and my deployed model. This secures we have standard models and when I want to change something I add it to the model and deploy again. Can I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KasperJ90 , This was discussed some time back - not a complete solution - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3iTkN3oNvw

Power Bi dataset can also be used by other power bi files, Excel (XMLA end point is available)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KasperJ90 ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KasperJ90 ,

You could refer the following article ,and check if it is helpful,it tells steps to Connect Microsoft Azure to Power BI and ste-s include in publishing POWER BI DESKTOP file to azure.Wish it is helpful for you!

https://www.epcgroup.net/how-to-publish-power-bi-reports-to-azure/ 

Best Regards

Lucien

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KasperJ90 , This was discussed some time back - not a complete solution - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3iTkN3oNvw

Power Bi dataset can also be used by other power bi files, Excel (XMLA end point is available)

@amitchandak thank you - seems like there will be a solution for this in the future. Let me add a few more words on why I ask the question, maybe you can help with current best practices. We are 2 people in an organization during BI for +50 end users. These end-users should not do any code/modeling but only use what is available in Excel/PowerBi. Soon we will have a Datawarehouse running Azure with tables from our current SQL server with our ERP system Navision. So we need a way we can control what we deploy to the organisation and provide them with a link on how to acess the data in PowerBi or Excel besides the standard reports we are sharing. My idea was we could provide a tabular model in PowerBi, save the file and deploy to Azure. Then the +50 end-users could acess the model from Azure. What can we do instead? Thanks a lot for your time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.