Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mario_Azevedo
Frequent Visitor

How to define the latest date in a "single selection filter"?

One more time I need help from this community to continue developing my Power BI skills.

So, I have a "single selection filter" (I am not sure about the feature correct name in English, because I use Power BI in Portuguese) to select a specific date, but I would like that the filter changes the date to the latest date in a table. In other words, the date needs to change daily.

Below we have a picture from the filter, today is 02-17-2020, then I would like that the filter shows the first on option, not 02-11-2020.

Anotação 2020-02-18 114544.png

Could someone tell me if it is possible?

Thank you in advance.

Mario Azevedo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Can you use relative date slicer

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Proud to be a Datanaut Connect on Linkedin

@amitchandak  My challenge is not finished, because I would like to have a condition to every time I have a new (most recent) date my filter change to this new one. I could use a relative date filter, but It won't allow me to access the other dates.

In short, I need that the filter shows the most recent date selected and shows all the other dates as well.

In the image below, it should select 17/02/2020 (the latest date) and allow that the users have the option to select any other date beyond 17/02/2020.

Anotação 2020-02-18 114544.png

Mario, por acaso vc consguiu achar a solucao?

Grata

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, this is one of the most wanted features that don't exist yet in Power BI. Vote for it here:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/7162004-default-selected-slicer-o...

The solution in the link @amitchandak posted is one of the best available at the moment in my opinion.

Thank you amitchandak. Maybe I was not able to explain correctly.

I want to select the latest date, but I would need to maintain the other dates, case the users need to select another date, they could do that.

In my example, I have used a date, but it could be a text where I would order in alphabetic as well.

Best regards.

Mario

@Mario_Azevedo 

I guess you could use slicer, you are free to select other dates to filter your report. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers

Paul Zheng

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.