Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hungvuong1003
Frequent Visitor

How to deal with multi schema in power bi?

Hi All,

My system has multiple databases, every databases(schema) is for every single customer. I am using power bi to design the report and I want to load the report with the corresponding database based on the customerID. I tried tons of research but could not find the solution for this. Any idea to help me out? thanks so much.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hungvuong1003,

If you want to create one report for each customer, you can try blog/deep-dive-into-query-parameters-and-power-bi-templates/.

If you want to create one report for all customers and filter the report by customer id, the solution could be creating the report with all the data and filtering it by RLS. Please refer to desktop-rls and service-admin-rls.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @hungvuong1003,

For option 1, do all the customers have the same structure data? If so, you can define some parameter in the template. You can open the template and enter the parameters when the new customer comes. 

What kind of script do you mean?

For option 2, I'm afraid there isn't a way to do that. If all the data are in one source, we can refresh the report to get new data. But the sources are created after the creation of the report. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.