Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to cut spacing between lines in text box?

Hi everyone, 

Is there a way to cut the space between the lines in Power BI? I have a text box and the white space is taking up more space than I hope it does (screenshot attached below). Wonder how you would make the spacing between the lines smaller? 

echeng_1-1644353659609.png

Thank you very much in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5
MD_POWER_BI
Frequent Visitor

change the font size in the JSON file and that will fix your issue

"textbox": {
            "*": {
                "*": [
                    {
                        "fontSize": 12,
                        "fontFamily": "Lato",
                        "wordWrap": true,
                        "color": {
                            "solid": {
                                "color": "#000000"
                            }
                        }
                    }
                ],
                "general": [
                    {
                        "responsive": true
                    }
                ],
                "background": [
                    {
                        "show": false,
                        "color": {
                            "solid": {
                                "color": "#FFFFFF"
                            }
                        },
                        "transparency": 100
                    }
                ],
                "visualHeader": [
                    {
                        "show": false
                    }
                ]
            }
        },
TheoC
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous did you copy and paste the text in to the text box?  If so, it's like got carriage return in it.  Go to the end of each line in the text box and press the delete button so that there are no spaces between "social" and "media".  Then press space.  See if that helps... output should look like below:

TheoC_0-1644362521448.png

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @TheoC . I tried your suggestion and also retyped the text, but the spacing seems to be the same - The spacing looks pretty fine when the font size is above 10 but once the font size is below 10 (8 in my case), the spacing looks big compared to the font and I wonder if there's a setting to change the spacing? Thank you very much in advance if you know any tips to solve this problem! 

@Anonymous it doesn't have anything to do with the text size as below is a text box with 8pt font. 

TheoC_0-1644993469176.png

Just to confirm, you clicked on the visual and created a new text box and then typed the text in that new text box?  Just asking because if you used a copy and paste, the problem will carry over.

Let me know about the above.

Theo 🙂

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test and reserch, the line spacing is fixed and cannot be modified. If you paste other content with different line spacing into the text visual, it will become the same line spacing.

You could submit an idea in Power BI ideas Forum to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors