Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlB
Super User
Super User

How to customize default values for current-file options

Hi all,

On File>>Options>>Current File, one can set multiple options for a file. However, when a new pbix file is created, the options that are set seem to always be the same. For instance 'Auto Date/Time' and 'Autodetect new relationships...' are always set.

Is it possible to predetermine a configuration for new files? I would for instance want to have those two options unchecked in new files by default. Can this be done?  How?

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlB,

By confirmed by PG, It seems that it is impossible for us to set an additional default value for Regional Settings currently in Power BI.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @AlB,

By my research, I'm afraid that we may not customize the defaul values for current-file options directly in Power BI.

You could create the template file as a workaound.

I'll also have a consult of PG and will update here if I get any information.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft

Thanks a lot for the workaround. I hadn't thought of that and it is certainly a good solution for Options>>Current file>> Data load. 

However, I wanted to set an additional default value in Options>>Current File>>Regional Settings. I'd like to set the default to a locale different to the one I have in the OS. If I change it and save the template with this, it seems to be ignored. The Data load options are saved within the template but the Regional settings aren't. Know any workaround for this?

In any case I'm interested in hearing what PG says.

Thanks very much for your help.    

Hi @AlB,

By confirmed by PG, It seems that it is impossible for us to set an additional default value for Regional Settings currently in Power BI.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.