Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MYDATASTORY
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to customise Power BI matrix/pivot table (subtotal and grand total)

Hi all,

I’m trying to calculate subtotals of the balance sheet in Power BI pivot table matrix to follow customized formulae which I am using get the subtotal on balance sheet, but power BI keep defaulting to default subtotal, please see dummy data provided and desired output, any example/steps provided will be highly appreciated.

Summary:

Trying to subtract Power BI  Pivot/Matrix table with each subgroup using a different rule. 

Below are the formulae I would like to add to the  Power BI customised Pivot table/Matrix

Customised formulae required on matrix tableCustomised formulae required on matrix tablePivot table/Matrix I expect to get on right hand side and the left hand side the default Matrix which I am trying to customise but keep defaulting to summing every groupPivot table/Matrix I expect to get on right hand side and the left hand side the default Matrix which I am trying to customise but keep defaulting to summing every group

Thanks so much for your advice.

Raw dummy data,Raw dummy data,

Required format calculating Subtotals and Grand totals on Balance sheetRequired format calculating Subtotals and Grand totals on Balance sheet

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@MYDATASTORY  You can achieve this with using new DAX function ISINSCOPE, here are more details, athough some work around required but it can be achieve.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@Anonymous  Please if is possible help on how solved the similar issues you had on subtotal calculations any advice will be highly appreciated.

Hi @MYDATASTORY ,

There is no direct way to achieve the same output in Power BI desktop. As a workaround, you could create a higher level group to class main groups. Use grouping and binning in Power BI Desktop

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Yuliana Gu

Much appreciated for your guidance, any chance you able to provide pbix file with these DAX formulae you have calculated as shown on the screenshot.

Many thanks, in advance

Hi @MYDATASTORY ,

I have uploaded the .pbix file for your reference.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.