Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create weekly graph in powerbi

Hello,

I put a Sharepoint database on Power Bi and I have the dates of the months in the form of columns that contain values and I would like to see weekly graphs.
Please how can I do this?

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

I have to admit that I do not fully understand your requirement, this is because from your description what you currently have is this:

your SharePoint database stores values for each month as a column, but you want a weekly graph.

If my understanding is correct you have to turn the monthly columns into a key/value construct meaning turning a wide table format (many columns) into a long table format (many rows). You can achieve this by using the Unpivot command in Power Query. This article explains the basics of the Pivot and Unpivot commands: Pivot and Unpivot with Power BI - RADACAD

You maybe have to consider that the number of columns you have to unpivot is growing each month, this means you have to check the command "Unpivot other columns".

Nevertheless, I have no idea what you mean by weekly graph, elaborate more on this, it can mean you want to refresh your data weekly, but then it seems that my assumption about the monthly values is totally wrong (how do you want to refresh monthly data on a weekly basis). Another approach could mean to allocate monthly values to a weeks, but that is not as simple, due to the number of weeks per month.

Hopefully, this provides some ideas.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.