Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SpiroswayGR
Resolver III
Resolver III

How to create two or three Switches

Greetings everyone!! It's urgent problem!!

I would to explain mine urgent problem that i have when i need to create switch slicers.

Our PBI report should be like this https://prnt.sc/ql5uio .

Our expectation is to create the same report but we have to select ( or see ) our metric (Revenue , sold rooms , Pax etc) and 2nd selection slicer (Net , Gross)(different column) and 3rd selection date slicer (you should create that from operational date that we have it) as a button (YTD , future dates (today until end of the year) , all season).Most important slicers are 2nd and 3rd one.

On each row of data i have one value that is net amount and on the same row i have the gross amount.

Attached file with expected results

https://we.tl/t-QSW64EanZm

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @SpiroswayGR,

You can try to use the bookmark feature to save a specific filter range as a bookmark and use button 'action' option to binding to click button event to a specific bookmark.

Create bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @SpiroswayGR,

I'd like to suggest you unpivoted these columns to attribute and value, then you can simply write measure formula to switch between different fields:

Unpivot columns (Power Query) 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-shex-msft .

With your suggestion i manage to solve the 1st part of problem.(About Net / Gross values).

What about "Slicer" dates button? I have the "Date" column.

So the suggestion is to create Past - Future - All season .

Past = 01/01 until yesterday 

Future = Today until end of the year 31/12

All Season = 01/01 to 31/12

In that i want to click on these specific slicer button and i want to see the different "Revenue values etc".

Thank you in advance for your time.

HI @SpiroswayGR,

You can try to use the bookmark feature to save a specific filter range as a bookmark and use button 'action' option to binding to click button event to a specific bookmark.

Create bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

@v-shex-msft 

Any idea how can we produce the 2nd part of solution ? 

Thank you again !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.