Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

m259161

How to create traffic lights in table

Hi Everyone

I am trying to create a traffic light system within a table, based on conditions.

Currently, I have it set up with conditional formatting and the background colour and text colour the same.

I have been asked to make it "more attractive" and put the colours in circles.

I know in a previous version this was possible, but is there a way to do this now?

I am open to any suggesstions,

thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m259161

When following SteveCampbell's suggestion, i can create Traffic light in a table visual, then edit with conditional formatting, i can change the light color conditionally.

13.png

Additionally, you could create symbols like Traffic Signal in Power Pivot or SQL Server Analysis Service.  When you import the data to the Power BI Desktop, it may look like a Traffic Signal indicator.

Please follow this article, if you have any question to implement in your scenario, feel free to let me know.

12.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m259161

When following SteveCampbell's suggestion, i can create Traffic light in a table visual, then edit with conditional formatting, i can change the light color conditionally.

13.png

Additionally, you could create symbols like Traffic Signal in Power Pivot or SQL Server Analysis Service.  When you import the data to the Power BI Desktop, it may look like a Traffic Signal indicator.

Please follow this article, if you have any question to implement in your scenario, feel free to let me know.

12.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi All

Nice post. I can learn a lot in this post.

paul

SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Here's one easy way, without using a custom visual.

You can create a measure called 

Traffic light Visual = UNICHAR(11044)

Add this measure to yuour table. Now, edit the conditional formatting for this measure. Choose "Front Colour Scales" , but at the top change "Colour Based On" to the column with your data. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.