Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arunraj89
Frequent Visitor

How to create tool tip comparisons between two exactly same columns

Hi,

My team mate has developed a dashboard where there are side by side brand comparison. so, he has duplicated brand column. So, there are brand1 and brand2 columns which has exactly same values. The left side cards has values based on brand1 slicer and right side cards have values based on brand2 slicer.

Sample image.PNG The above image is the sample. Now the client wants the tool tip with the trend chart comparison on both the sides. For example, tool tip of 2M in brand1 should show the weekwise comparison of brand1 and brand2. The below mentioned in the sample table

weekBrand1Brand2Units SoldSelling Price
1B1B1970$12
1B2B2883$12
1B3B3150$12
1B4B4212$13
2B1B1774$10
2B2B2948$13
2B3B3270$13
2B4B4465$13
3B1B1750$13
3B2B2886$15
3B3B3827$10
3B4B4798$14
4B1B1549$13
4B2B2988$11
4B3B3216$14
4B4B4624$10

I am not getting any logic to do this. Could anyone please help me with the solution.

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Arunraj89 

It seems that you need duplicate a new table first in query editor. Then create a relationship between tables.

54.png

After that, you can create tooltip page as below:

55.png

Make sure enable the option "Tooptip" . Take care not to use a page size that's too large—it can obscure the visuals on the source page.

Then  you need to drag the tooltip fields to "tooltip pane" .

56.png

In the end ,you need to manually set a report tooltip for each  card visual.

57.png

Please check the attached  file for more details.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Arunraj89 

Not very clear .

Are there other tables in your model? Do the fields in the visual come from the same table?

From your sample data, I only find one list of units sold and selling price in the same table.Do they correspond to brand1 or brand2?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Yes, the fields come from the same table. Actually, brand2 is the replica of brand1. you can leave out the column brand2.

Basically, I want to compare Selling price and Units Sold of any two brands side by side.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Arunraj89 - Sorry, are you talking about in a tooltip page having some kind of chart? I am not clear on what the chart needs to look like. It it we me, I would have a single brand column and 2 disconnected brand tables that I would use for my slicers I think. I would have a measure for Brand1 and a measure for Brand2. You could then use your week as the axis and have the Brand1 and Brand2 measures in your Values and that would allow you to see both compared in a graph.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.