Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ysapiyev
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How to create text column

Hi everyone,

I have a set of ata, where I have 2 values and item name. I created measure, which compares two values and returns "equal" or "not equal". I want to be able to highlight my data according to this comparison. I come up with chiclet slicer, which is able to highlight it. However, I need category, which oes not measure as input. Then I created column and set following: Column_1 = [comparison], where comparison is my measure. however, column_1 only has 1 value, which is "equal" and does not inherit "not equal" from my measure. What can be the problem?

Also, when I input item name and comparison measure in table visual, I see that comparison has both values. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ysapiyev,

First, I can't imagine your scenario, and it's hard to help without sample table, please share your sample table and liest expected result.

Secondly, you created column and set following: Column_1 = [comparison], and yout the calculated column value changes as  the slicer or measure, right? It's impossible in Power BI. Because we can not create a dynamic calculated column in Power BI , please review this knowledge base: Calculated Column/Table Change Dynamically According to Slicer Selection in the Report.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft,

Can I use parameter instead of calculated column? Will it work?

I want to set value in parameter, and then pass this parameter to visual to highlight specific values.

Hi @ysapiyev,

Althrough I am still confused about your requirement, but select a value in parameter and highlight specific value, which seems to be unsupported. Parameter is used to filter the whole resouce data in query, please vote the feature request below and comment them.

Create a Parameter Slicer that refreshes queries on selection
using slicers as parameters to allow user input for dynamic query

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.