Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anitaberg
Helper I
Helper I

How to create profit and loss type report on General Ledger entries using hierarchy

Hi! I have worked a while to try to create a simple profit and loss or financial statement look of a report. That is something a customer wants to have to start using Power BI, instead of doing it manually in Excel.

The data is from Cronus International the demo company of Microsoft Dynamics Nav 2018. I have created a separate table where I mark each account to where they belong in a hierarchy. See the second print screen.

As you see from the first print screen I have achieved the layot in mtrix by presenting the levels of the hierarchy in rows and using the steped layout.

The "only problem" now is the repeating of the levels, that actually don´t have nodes all the way to level 6 in the hierarchy. In the dataset the value is just repeated to avoid to have blanks, as there is values here to show.

You see that avskrivninger (depreciation) , netto finanskostnader (finance costs) and skattekostnad (tax) are repeated.

The hierarchy is only represented by having the levels in rows, I have not set up a hierarchy elsewere.

QUESTION: Is there a way to supress or or avoid that skattekostnad, avskrivninger and netto finanskostnad is repeated for all the rest of the hierarchy, that should end at a higher level.

Skjermbilde 2018-02-21 kl. 08.33.26.pngSkjermbilde 2018-02-21 kl. 08.34.13.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@anitaberg,

In the Format section of the Visualizations pane, you may try Row headers > Stepped layout and Subtotals > Row subtotals.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You Saved My Time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.