Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

slavisha84
Helper I
Helper I

How to create new column that summarize data by week and by Online or Store Channel?

Hello, 

I have WTDdata table that contains ThisYearRevenue and LastYearRevenue summarized by week:

slavisha84_0-1620343376275.png

I need to create 4 more columns LastYearOnlineRevenue, LastYearStoreRevenue, ThisYearOnlineRevenue, and ThisYearStoreRevenue from another  table (RevenueByDate) that looks like this:

Capture.PNG

FW column in this table means Fiscal Week.

If you can help me with at least one column, I am assuming the logic will be the same for the other 3.
Thank you in advance. 

Here is the location for sample data and .pbix file:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhhZq1add5YwjYIvuASi76lCL3R1eA?e=C7ObDZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @slavisha84 

I do not know well about your whole data model and your case, but I suggest creating measures.

However, as your request is having new columns, please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below whether it is what you are looking for.

Picture2.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kjh23u5hro6nt7/Samples.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @slavisha84 

I do not know well about your whole data model and your case, but I suggest creating measures.

However, as your request is having new columns, please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below whether it is what you are looking for.

Picture2.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8kjh23u5hro6nt7/Samples.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

Twitter: twitter.com/Jihwan_JHKIM

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

@Jihwan_Kim 
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much, brother. 

Hi, @slavisha84 

Glad to hear that you have solved your problem with the reply of Jihwan Kim, would you like to mark his reply as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!😁

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.