Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnamPatel
Resolver II
Resolver II

How to create historical date column?

I have three tables for three months. All have products data and dates. I want to create a matrix with historical data column that is if a particular product exist in previous month table than that data should be shown as historical date in the matrix visual.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnamPatel 

I agree that merging tables into one table will make it easier. But if you don't want to merge, there are also other solutions. The question is that we are currently not sure what the expected matrix visual should look like so we cannot suggest more. Can you provide some mock data to show the table you have and what the matrix visual should be like? Perhaps you want something like this month's amount (or sales, inventory, price or whatever) and previous month's amount of every product?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AnamPatel ,

If these three tables are having similar schema then why dont you merge these three into a single table and basis the date column try to create the matrix visual ?

Please accept this as a solution if your question has been answered !!

Appreciate a Kudos 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.