Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GregoryDF
Frequent Visitor

How to create dynamic measures that updates when drilling down in data?

Hello everyone,

I've built some reports with geographical or products ranges drill-down "hierarchies" and I have a problem with my global measures that, as they should in some way, stay global even when I'm drilling down on my data.

Here is an example :

I have a bar graph with my distinct regions as the dimension, and count of customers as the value. When drilling down on region, I go to territory, then customer.

The graph is working well, no issue with it, as the count of customer is always updated to reflect each component.

But I put this same measure as a card under the graph, and it always keep the same value when I'm drilling down on data.

How to get it to update itself to represent the data currently drilled-down on?

Thanks for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks 🙂

That's what I thought also, but it would be great to be able to have the drill down filter on the page level instead of only visual, or at least to have the ability to configure the behaviour we need for each report/dashboard.

I see there is an existing idea about that, I'll put some votes on it 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6709520-drill-down-should-drill-o...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Drilling down into one visual only applies a filter to that specific visual. If you'd like to apply filters to the entire page, you'll need to utilize page-level filters, slicers, or cross-filtering and cross-highlighting based on visual selections.

Thanks 🙂

That's what I thought also, but it would be great to be able to have the drill down filter on the page level instead of only visual, or at least to have the ability to configure the behaviour we need for each report/dashboard.

I see there is an existing idea about that, I'll put some votes on it 🙂

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6709520-drill-down-should-drill-o...

Hi 

Everone

I  was  creating a  new mesure, but  i  have  this  error "The syntax for ':' is incorrect. (DAX(
IF( SUM(AHT[Tiempo Retiradas Almuerzo]) - SUM(AHT[Tiempo Objetivo de Almuerzo]) = 01:00:00. 0 ,SUM(AHT[Tiempo Retiradas Almuerzo]) - SUM(AHT[Tiempo Objetivo de Almuerzo]))
)).", i need  to do a subtration  of Time 1 ( Retiradas) - Time 2 ( Time Obj), and  i have a  result 01:00:00(hh:mm:ss), it show me  thta  person dont have  time  of lunch, i wnat  to  use  IF  to put off( 01:00:00) for  0.

Somebody  can help me?

Thanks!

@Raulpt27, you should create your own thread rather than bringing up unrelated topics in the responses of someone else's.

That being said, if you have a field where the value is 01:00:00.0, then that is a text value. You need to enclose text literals with double quotes "01:00:00.0". That will get rid of the syntax error. The next problem you'll have is that this is a text string, so you can't do arithmetic on it. You'll need to store your durations as numeric types - integers or floats - whole number and decimal in Power Pivot's data types.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.