Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SVUser123
Frequent Visitor

How to create custom connector options window like Essbase

I am new to Power BI and trying to build a custom connector for one of my projects. Can someone please help me on how to create a connection panel like Essbase below.  Thanks in advance.

PS: I did take a look into the HelloWorld project but that takes just a single input and i am not able to figure out how to give options like radio buttons expand/collapse button like Advanced Options below. 

Please help

SVUser123_0-1636984769560.png

4 REPLIES 4
stefano_lottini

Hello, just checking if in the 2 years since the last update to this thread anything changed.

Is an "advanced options" section in the data source config still unavailable to custom connectors?

Thank you and have a nice day,

Stefano

NilR
Post Patron
Post Patron

I am actually looking to develop the UI similar to Essbase connector, the link provided just gives the information on how to use it. Please help me with any developer guide to create such custom connectors

Hi @SVUser123 

It seems that thired party custom connector won't show an option window like default connector. You need to add the parameter, url or id in code when you create the custom connector.

Here is a offical blog about how to ceate a custom connector.

For reference: Starting to develop custom connectors

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.