Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bcbuckley13
Helper III
Helper III

How to create column or new table to show list of stores with 2 or more people with badge?

Hello and TIA!

I track users that have received a badge by completing learning. Each store is required to have atleast 2 or more people that have received a specific badge. (there are two different badges, but I need to track the Champions badge).

How could I create a new table/column to basically say "Yes" this store has 2+ people that have received this badge?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2s9ww5my4ry3pc/Badges_TEST.pbix?dl=0

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Here is a calculated column:

TwoPlus = 
var c = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Badge Report_test data'),ALLEXCEPT('Badge Report_test data','Badge Report_test data'[Store ID]),'Badge Report_test data'[Badge Name]="PH Express Champion")
return if(c>1,"yes","no")

your sample data only had one store ID so you may want to validate that.

View solution in original post

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

it's a custom column in DAX, not in Power Query

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

TwoPlus = 
var c = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Badge Report_test data'),ALLEXCEPT('Badge Report_test data','Badge Report_test data'[Store ID]),'Badge Report_test data'[Badge Name]="PH Express Champion")
return if(c>1,1,0)

Do a sum, not a count.

bcbuckley13
Helper III
Helper III

@lbendlin  Is there a way to get a count of "Yes" from that column that you created? I've tried all Count measures and none of them work.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

it's a custom column in DAX, not in Power Query

You Rock!!! Thanks.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Here is a calculated column:

TwoPlus = 
return if(c>1,"yes","no")

your sample data only had one store ID so you may want to validate that.

@lbendlin  I'm getting this error.

bcbuckley13_0-1614287765579.png

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data in usable format (not as a picture) and show the expected outcome.

@lbendlinI've added a sample file in Dropbox. My goal is to be able to see a list of stores that have at least 2 people that have received the Champion badge. This could be in the form of just highlighting these stores.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2s9ww5my4ry3pc/Badges_TEST.pbix?dl=0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.