Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kamaizziati
Helper IV
Helper IV

How to create another table to combined more than two column

Hi,

I have one table that have many data column. The data is direct query data from database.

I need to combined more than two column into one column data.

How can I create new table to combine the colums.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kamaizziati,

In direct model, we can't create a new table in Power BI desktop. Could you please share your sample data, and I will check if I can achieve it using Query Editor? It's hard to reproduce your scenario without sample table.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Below is my data. I want to combined data ActType1, ActType11, ActType12 and so on.

Capture.PNGdd.PNG

Thanks

Hi @Kamaizziati,

In Query Editor, please select ActType1, ActType11, ActType12 and so on->click "unpivot columns" under Transfer one Home page, all the values in ActType1, ActType11, ActType12 columns will enter into one column. For example, I want to comebine Jobtitle and Department.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

I already do the uunpivot column but its change another data value that not include in the unpivot column.

Hi @Kamaizziati,

Have you resolved your issue? If you have, welcome to share your solution or mark the right reply as answer. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @Kamaizziati,

You mean other column's data has been changed? Yes, it does.  For your scenario, if you combine all columns to one. You create several tables likeTableA including A, B, C, ActType1, TableB including A, B, C, ActType2, TableB including A, B, C, ActType3. Then you can append them to one table. More details, please review this article.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.